Are you ready to start your career in the entertainment industry as a Jr. Audio Event Tech Intern + possible DJ/Emcee Apprenticeship?
(EMG) Entertainment Management Group is currently seeking applicants for the highly coveted Jr. Audio Event Tech position. This position will allow you the opportunity to work under one of the most sought out entertainment companies in all of South Florida as well as the potential to earn a DJ/Emcee apprenticeship with one of our Signature Music Mixologists (Master DJ/Emcee’s).
The Jr. Audio Event Tech is an integral part of the EMG team as he/she will serve as a jack of all trades. From checking in and checking out audio visual products, to loading and unloading trucks, to maintaining and tracking all product inventories, equipment rentals and returns, to assisting with any range of warehouse operations as well as assisting with setup, performances and strike of offsite events, this position will be the stepping stone to future advancement within EMG’s growing network of employees.
EMG controls the very niche market of offering our luxury clients a refreshingly modern approach to traditional event entertainment, A/V, and lighting décor. You should have an interest to work with weddings, corporate, and special events as our company is a major part of one of the most important days in our clients’ lives!
What’s in it for you?
- You will GAIN invaluable hands-on experience in logistics, warehousing, audio, lighting and overall set-up of luxury events
- You will form part of an intimate but very talented, powerful and driven team!
- From time to time, you will have the opportunity to rub shoulders with local and international celebrities when working events.
***Upon successful completion of their introductory period, a lucky intern will have the opportunity to pursue their love of music and will be offered an apprenticeship to become a DJ/Emcee for EMG! ***
Do you have what it takes?
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings, weekends and major holidays.
- Excellent communication skills including reading, writing and public speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work events as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Outstanding customer service and exceptional work ethic.
- At least 2-3 years as a performer with a proven track record of having serviced events such as weddings, corporate and other types of private events, is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and mail merges; email and web searches.
Please do NOT call our office regarding this position.
We are a VALUES driven organization. Our Core Values are:
– Refreshingly Innovative
If you feel you are a good fit for our organization, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to the: DreamTeam@emgArtists.com
EMG is an equal opportunity employer.